|Canada’s ambassador to the U.S. has suggested that the RFP for the Gordie Howe International bridge (2016 Top100 Projects #19) is now just weeks away.
According to an article from the Detroit Free Press, the statement was made by Ambassador David MacNaughton at a Canada-United States Business Association event in Detroit. He told the audience that the ministry of infrastructure is soon to approve the issuance of the RFP.
Three teams of finalists have already been shortlisted for the project, the RFP for which was supposed to be issued late last year. Currently, the bridge is scheduled for traffic by late 2020. However, depending on when the RFP is issued, that could push completion of the bridge into 2021.
The three shortlisted teams for the project are:
Legacy Link Partners Team:
- SNC Lavalin Capital Inc.
- VINCI Concessions S.A.S
- John Laing Investments Ltd.
- HDR Corp.
- Leonhardt, Andra and Partners (if Cable Stayed)
- Aas-Jakobsen (if Suspension)
- Alfred Benesch & Company
- American Bridge Canada Company
- SNC Lavalin Constructor (Pacific) Inc. (SLCP)
- VINCI Construction Grands Projets
- Barton Malow
- DRICCA (Joint Venture with Ajax Paving, Dan’s Excavating, C.A. Hull Co Inc., Toebe Construction, Amico Infrastructures Inc.)
- SNC Lavalin Operations & Maintenance Inc.
- VINCI Concessions
- SNC Lavalin Security Consulting Inc.
Bridging North America Team:
- ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc.
- Fluor Canada Ltd.
- Aecon Concessions, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
- RBC Dominion Securities Inc.
- Carlos Fernandez Casado S.L/FHECOR Ingenieros Consultores, S.A.
- Moriyama and Teshima Architects
- Smith-Miller + Hawkinson Architects, LLP
- Dragados Canada Inc.
- Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
- Turner Construction Company
- Aecon O&M, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
- DBI Services, LLC
- URS Federal Services, Inc. an AECOM company
CanAm Gateway Partners Team:
- Fengate Capital Management Ltd
- BBGI CanHoldco Inc.
- EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Bechtel Development Company, Inc.
- Arup-Hatch Mott McDonald Design JV
- Bergmann Associates Inc.
- NORR Ltd
- Bechtel Canada Co.
- EllisDon Civil Ltd.
- Traylor Bros., Inc
- EllisDon Facilities Services Inc.
- Egis Projects S.A.
- Roy Jorgensen Associates Inc.