Highway 63 Twinning Program

Back to 2016 Project List

Ranking for 2016: 40

Industry Sector: Transportation

Specific Sector: Highway

Range: $1 billion - $5 billion

Project Value: $1,220,000,000

Provincial: $1.22 billion

Government Funds Involved:

Funding Source: Public

Location: Grassland to Fort McMurray, Alberta

Estimated End Date of Substantial Completion: 2016


The twinning of 240 km of Highway 63 between Grassland and Fort McMurray is for the safety of motorists and to improve traffic flow within Fort McMurray. By fall of 2015, 70 per cent of the twinning commitment is expected to be complete, and the remaining 30 per cent will be completed by fall 2016.

There are dozens of contractors and consultants working on road segments, bridges, and interchange contracts with this project, so this entry is merely scratching the surface. Visit bit.ly/63twinning for a full breakdown of contracts.

© 2017 Top100 Projects. All rights reserved. Site Admin · Entries RSS · Comments RSS
Powered by WordPress · Designed by Theme Junkie