The GO Expansion Projects – On Corridor work consists of the core infrastructure and services that will allow Metrolinx’s rail corridor to run two-day, all-day service at a frequency of every 15 minutes, throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) network.
The scope of the work, as defined by Infrastructure Ontario through the procurement process, includes:
• Operation of train services including train driving;
• Timetable planning, train control and dispatch for all operators across the GO-owned rail network;
• Design, build, integration, maintenance, rehabilitation or renewal of the railway corridor (civil infrastructure, tracks, systems, signaling, rolling stock, etc.);
• Refurbishment, maintenance, servicing and cleaning of all rolling stock and procurement of new rolling stock;
• Construction of new maintenance and train storage and/or layover facilities;
• Reconstruction of Union Station track and platforms; and
• Compliance with Metrolinx safety, security and emergency management policies.
Four prequalified consortiums were announced on May 30, 2019. The proposal process is underway with two teams remaining to bid on the project, and a successful team is expected to be announced late 2021.